Download a PDF file of the DUES FORM
Benefits of paid membership include:
E-mail the form to email@example.com
and pay by PayPal (to nittanymine),
or print the form and send it with a check or bring to a meeting.
Everyone attending our social hour & meetings may benefit from:
- printed Bulletin
- participation in field trips (consistent with age requirements on specific trips)
- discounts on admission to events
- discounts and/or first choice on group purchase items
- free supplies
- participation in other projects
The purposes of NMS, as stated in our Articles of Incorporation, are education and encouragement of
interest in the scientific fields of mineralogy and the earth sciences.
- formal presentations
- meeting others with similar interests
- news about our shared interests, from local to global
- learning informally from others who have specific areas of expertise
Your dues are used to accomplish that mission by paying for:
Our membership year is from November 1 through October 31.
- printing and mailing the Bulletin
- maintaining the web site
- insurance which allows members to undertake field trips, meetings on the Penn State campus, and other events
- dues to the Federations which provide services and further our goals
- honoraria for invited speakers
- educational activities
- other projects chosen by the Board of Directors
- other operating costs
Reduced rates may be available for those joining in March or later.
Membership dues for the year are:
$20 for an individual
$30 for a family (two or more family members, all at one address,
all members listed by name)
$15 for senior citizens (age 65 and over)
$7 for students (including Penn State students).
To join, please fill out a dues form (there is no separate membership application form),
and send it along with payment as indicated, or bring the form and payment to a meeting.
The NMS Bulletin